Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Desperate Plea

Don't tell the police but I wrote this as I was driving to work this morning. I typed it into my phone and saved it as I haven't mastered the art of writing with pen and paper while driving, not that I intend to. It's a continuation of my previous entry, as I still feel like Dave, the one who's stuck in the desert, not the one who defeated the Giant Pickle.

All of a sudden, I felt as though I was David, the Psalmist. Interesting.

Crying out to God in the car is nothing new to me. In fact, apart from the 'throne room' (ahem), the other place I feel really comfortable praying in is driving my car on the road alone. Today, the words just kept coming. It's not a 'new concept', I think it's pretty much everyone's plea at one time or another but it was my plea for this time and 'position' that I'm in.

I'm still struggling where I am, but at the end of the day, I know I will make it through. He will pull me through.


You are my Strength and my Shelter
When I'm not able to stand

You are my Healer and Protector
With You, I'm on the mend

You are the Author and Creator
My life is in Your hands

What more can I ask, Lord
But to seek Your face?

What more can I do
But to rest in the Secret Place?

What more can I give?
I will lay it at Your feet

Lord, take hold of me
And make me complete

Author: Me

1 comment:

Katy said...

Jess, I love this! It's beautiful.