Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Day in the Rain...

There's something different about playing in the rain... Granted, things may get a little slippery here and there, but it definitely beats having the sun beating on you every minute of the game, at least, that's how I see it.

I have not played in the rain since... frankly, I don't even remember when. But I had the "privilege" of playing football in the rain last Sunday with a few kids (if you can even call them kids anymore!) from the Rifle Range blocks.

We were running on a drenched basketball court, certain parts filled with little puddles of water but it was a pretty entertaining game. Our team (the FPBC players) lost to the Rifle Range boys but it was quite a fun game overall. I think, the best part was that they waited for us to play with them, and even in the rain, we enjoyed ourselves.

I guess, sometimes, instead of soaking up the sun, we should just let go and soak up the rain...

1 comment:

~YinZ~ said...

Thank you for giving your time to the people at Rifle Range. :) Wish i could join you guys... Next time! :) Shall remember to bring my change of clothes and shoes.