Thursday, July 31, 2008

The X-Files: I Want To Believe

I can't believe my eyes, Mulder and Scully are back! Six years after the series ended and ten years after the first X-Files movie (Fight The Future)... indeed, it has been a long time. Watching The X-Files: I Want To Believe was surreal to me, having not seen Mulder and Scully on a weekly basis for the past six years. Seeing how their relationship grew from when the series ended back in 2002 was believable yet unreal at the same time. I am, and always will be, an 'X-Phile' (it's a nickname for X-Files fans, in case you were wondering) and a semi-'shipper' (technically means, a supporter of a Mulder and Scully relationship beyond being FBI partners) but the last scene in this movie left me feeling a bit weird. I don't know.

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with the movie, although, it can be a bit draggy at times. It is set apart from the whole 'mytharc' (a term for extraterrestrials / government conspiracy theory) theme and a bit more on the 'monsters-of-the-week' theme, though there wasn't really a monster here! I was a bit bummed that someone had to die in the middle of it. What the... I was not too happy with that!

Overall, this movie brings back great memories of watching The X-Files in my old living room, occasionally not being able to sleep at night when a particularly haunting episode was shown and how my 'passion' for forensic science started. Ahh, good 'ol memories.

Scalpel, anyone?

No comments: