Friday, April 10, 2009

Half Birthdays...

I was reminded of half birthdays while driving to work this morning. A family, particularly, a certain wonderful friend of mine came into my thoughts this morning and the next thing you know, the thought hit me. "It's my half birthday!"... I think!

See, this family celebrates their children's half birthdays every year. And the kids look forward to it too. In fact, they are so familiar when their half birthdays are.

So, what's a half birthday? It's basically half a year from your birth date. For example, if your birthday falls on May 1st, your half birthday is November 1st.

Anyway, I think today is my half birthday, so Happy Half Birthday to me... It's another 6 more months to my real birthday, so, yeah! (Stop counting!)

Heidi, thinking of you and missing you loads! Thanks for the memories. *hugs*

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Half Birthday! It's a very important date; you should celebrate by buying yourself a cupcake or doughnut! (I'd do it if I were there!)

I miss you a lot too. Miss our Tuesday evenings, our cups of tea together, our Jamie Oliver and/or a movie, our snackage, our talking, and of course a bear hug to end the night!

I love you, little sis!

Heidi

gream said...
This comment has been removed by the author.