Monday, April 06, 2009

Ramblings Of A Fool...

What hurts the most
Is being treated like a fool
Blinded all this while
Thinking it was mutual

Little did I know
You were already told
And here I was
Thinking every chip of news
Were little nuggets of gold

It wasn't yours to tell
I understood that, you know
But the rubbing in my face
Was quite the bitter pill to swallow

Trustworthiness is a welcomed trait
I respect that, I do
But in all honesty
I felt played
I got fooled

To think that every time I shared
You were probably laughing away
Thinking, "Hah! I already knew that!"
Yet, continued with the charade

The delivery could have been softened
Rather than a slap in the face
You could've either hinted
Or just played it all the way
Then, I may never even know

I guess I could not fathom
How someone so close to me
Could play me for a fool
While others were nice enough
To let me figure out
That they already knew

It wasn't because you were told first
This matter would surface regardless of that
I just did not appreciate
That I got played, that was it

At least, now I know
How it feels like being taken for a ride
It wasn't really fun after all
It stung like a knife

Really, it did...

No comments: