Thursday, December 27, 2007

Countdown to 2008 - Chapter 1

Let's see... Ah, yes, end December 2006 up to early April 2007 was when my sister, my 3 adorable nieces and my best-est little sister, Allora, came to visit us here in Penang. (Allora stayed only up till January 2007, but then my brother-in-law came in late March). At the same time, I was also jobless and frankly speaking, a little depressed and feeling rather hopeless. But during this time, I was able to spend time with them, travel with them and play with them, so, it was a blessing in disguise for me.

To be honest with you, I did wonder how I was going to spend time with them if I was working then and could only come back home after work, but God knew what to do. Being jobless and income-less is not fun at all (don't even try it if you're not financially prepared to), but I think God knew what I really wanted, which was time for them. And the best part of it all? Right about the time they were about to go back home, I got a job offer that started about a week or two after they left. If that's not God's timing, I don't know what else to define it.

It worked so well, I couldn't have planned it better myself. In fact, I didn't. I wasn't the one who initiated my resignation (truth be told) and I wasn't the one who found the job either. This has truly taught me that God is not one minute too early nor a second too late, but just right on time.

No comments: