Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Recap... Part 1

Now that I finally have enough time to sit down and write and upload the pictures from my camera to the computer, I can finally recap on a wonderful week of birthday celebrations I had.

It all started (unofficially) on Tuesday, 7th October, while hanging out at a friend's house for our Tuesday night weekly gathering. Someone will usually pick a movie or a channel to watch and on that day, I was given the controls to the remote to choose whatever I wanted to watch since it was my "birthday week". I chose to watch CSI:NY...

With great power comes great responsibility. Muahahaha...

Then came Wednesday. I was meeting up another friend to watch 'Eagle Eye' and by the time we got to the popcorn line, I was told that the movie was on her, along with popcorn, drinks and a hotdog dinner. It was a birthday treat for me from her. What a lovely surprise... After the movie, she bought me my White Chocolate Dream drink from Coffee Bean too. What an evening of fun and food. Yum!

Tickets! Get your tickets!

On the eve of my birthday, my extended family took me out for a nice dinner at TGIFriday's. It was my relative's birthday that day followed by my birthday the next day, so, sometimes we celebrate together. I had the New York Strip in Wild Mushroom Butter (if I remember that correctly) and a side of cheese mashed potatoes. The portion was OK but I was actually hoping for some greens. Not too much to ask for, right?

TGIFriday's

New York Strip with Wild Mushroom Butter and Mashed Potatoes, steak "done-ness" - medium well

Then, when we mentioned to the staff at TGIF's that it was our birthdays, we were given a couple of slices of chocolate cake and some celebratory songs. We had to stand on chairs for the cake, but, it was a pretty fun occasion.

Chocolate cake... Yum!

The cake was quite springy, I have to say, but it was still pretty good. We enjoyed ourselves there. But apparently, the celebrations did not stop there. Coming up next is Part 2 of the Birthday Recap post. Right now, I need to head to bed.

No comments: