Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Have You Seen Stupid?

Just when you thought you were extra careful, extra cautious... stupidity happens.

Yes, a lapse of judgment has cost me massive heartache and also pocket-ache/bank account-ache, headache, etc...

As I was carefully backing out from my parking space yesterday, trying to avoid another car that was awkwardly parked close to me, I did not realize a beam/pole was right behind me (my sensor did not catch it either). And the expression, "You'll know when to stop when you hear a bang" really came to pass.

Bang!

Shattered..

Point of impact...

Broken...

Sigh... words cannot express how I feel right now. Things like this do happen to the best of us, as one friend tried to empathize with me, but it cannot take away this feeling of how stupid this incident really is. Firstly, it should not have happened. Period! Secondly, it's a stupid mistake that will now cost me more than I can earn back within a month. Thirdly... there is no thirdly... it's just stupid!

ARGH! *hits her head against the brick wall*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures really DO say a thousand words! Wow.... I'm so sorry that happened. Remind me to tell you about the time I backed up to avoid a truck and peeled off the side of my car...

Chin up kiddo!
~Jen

(tried to use the "OpenID" which links the LiveJournal page to yours but it kept messing up - will try again later)

Jess said...

Yeah... those pictures were great, eh? I just wished I didn't have to take those. SIGH...

Feel free to tell your story... People have been sharing theirs to make me feel better. It does, for a bit, but still, it stings. *sniff*

Unknown said...

Mui Mui Chai,

I'm so sorry about your baby. Everybody makes mistakes. Don't beat yourself up too much about it. Can't turn back time. Wish I could give you a hug. Love you much.

Chair.

Jess said...

Che Che Chai,

Yeah, a hug would've been nice... *sniff*