Monday, June 27, 2005

Song Of The Day

Ever had a song or two on your lips or in your head at the start of the day? Actually, I had this song in my heart yesterday evening, standing on top of a rock up a hill overlooking the coastal line in Batu Ferringhi. It just came to me and it's still stuck in my head today. It's a wonderful song. A song about safety and security. As humans, we tend to want to run away from the things that are hurting us, confusing us or distracting us. This song, is a song about running to the One who has always had His arms open for us, just waiting patiently for us to go near to Him.

Secret Place

Lord of my life I love You
Lord of my days I trust in You
Living beneath the shelter of Your wings
My heart's safe

For when I am lost You find me
When I'm in need You shelter me
Lord of my life
You are my Secret Place

Clothe me in Your presence Lord
Draw me near to You
All my heart I long to give to You
Living to be near You Lord
I long to see Your face
Lord forever You're my Secret Place

You're my peace, You're my rest
You're my Secret Place


It has not been an easy journey, to reach to the point where I don't rely on what I can do, but more of what God can do. Many times, I've rejoiced alone or with my friends but not with God. Many times, I've kept all my hurts to myself or share it with a few friends but not with God.

I'm learning to rely more on Him now. It's still not that regular, but it's coming along slowly. Running away or being in denial is pretty much the normal thing to do, but it won't be as effective as running to Him who can help you in ways better than any friend could.

Have a great week ahead.


(Editor's Note: I'll try to make this as a series, if possible. Be blessed!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe you've made the best choice of your life by running into the arms of a God who loves you the way you are. Be blessed as you continuously revel in His embrace daily. Know that He's always and ever will be your Secret Place and also to those who believe and trust in Him.