Thursday, June 30, 2005

Of Raging Seas and Victories (a.k.a. Song Of The Day)

Ooh, rhyming title there! I'm in a wacky mood this past week. I don't know if it's lack of sleep, too much thinking or both. I went by the beach with a few friends yesterday evening. The sea was rough, but the waves that crashed in was just marvellous. My feet in the sand, the warm evening waves rushing in, this is truly a great creation from our God of Wonders.

It's funny how this song came to me earlier in the week. Having not listened to this song for a while, I only knew how the chorus went, but not the verse. I got to HEAR it in my hostess' house just this Tuesday. What a coincidence! I think God prepares His children ahead of time. I mean, I'm reminded of my friend's blog entry, in which she wrote about what she read in Amy Carmichael's book. It said: We only see today. He whom we worship sees tomorrow.

I'm being a little overwhelmed with thinking about work, friends, life..... the usual. Assumptions are dangerous, I know that for sure, but not knowing what the future holds intimidates me a bit. OK, maybe a lot. I try not to think of what may come, though good or bad, except to bless the Lord and trust that He only gives His children what is best.

You Are - Hillsong

You are my light and salvation
Whom shall I fear?
You are the strength of all my days
And whom shall I be afraid?
Though war may rise against me
Of this will I be sure

That I will bless the Lord forever
I'll bless Your holy name
Yes, I will bless the Lord forever
I'll bless Your holy name

Lord it is You I desire
It's You that I seek
To live with You in Your house forever
Beholding Your beauty
And in the time of trouble
Of this will I be sure

You ask me who do I
Say that You are and I
Say that You are the Christ
Son of the Living God

'Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.' - James 1:17

Be blessed!

1 comment:

Katy said...

I'm really glad you liked that quote by Amy Carmichael; that's one of my favorites too! I think it's so profound. Like you, the future can intimidate me. But I think you're absolutely right: we can only bless the Lord and believe he has the best planned for us! I was reading a devotional tonight about how God is love, and that love involves choosing the highest good for the other person. How amazing: the God of the universe is choosing the highest good for each of us in our lives! And I know he will give you very good things in your future; I know you will be blessed and that you will also be a blessing to others. You're already a blessing to me!
Love,
Katy