Saturday, July 02, 2005

You Live, You Learn

24 hours. That's the amount of time you get in a day. Once that second ticks by, it's not coming back again. It's already past the halfway mark for the year 2005. Makes me wonder, what have I done in the past half a year that is 'significant' or 'worthwhile'?

I know I'm moving in the right direction, at least, I think I am. Music is in my blood, it's in my heart and being given the opportunity to express that, even in a small church setting, I think that was a big start for me. I'm just wondering what's next.

I just booked my first acoustic guitar today. An Ashton guitar. Costs me a bundle, but it's an investment. Yup, I'm reminding myself that it's for long term, so it should be worth the money! I just have to wait for other accessories to come by before I pick up my guitar. After all, it's the first one.

Anyway, back to my title, I'm recently listening in to a few angst-ridden songs, running back and forth between Alanis Morissette and Avril Lavigne. I'm stuck on "You Learn" by Alanis Morissette and it's a song about taking risks and taking chances, because that's what life is about. Taking risks and learning from it, whether the risk taken was a success or a failure, it's still a learning experience.


You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn

Life is a learning experience. You are being put in situations you wish you aren't in, but at the end of the day, it benefits you as you go along, being tested and all, because then, you become a better person. You live, you learn.

No comments: