Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Let It Rain!

This morning was interesting. I felt like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed; head was throbbing, nose was stuffed-up, throat was dry, I thought, "Gee, it's going to be a rough day today!". Hopped into the shower (I can't quite recall if I washed my hair with the conditioner or with the body soap!), got dressed, had a hefty breakfast (bacon, ham and toasted bread - 3 days in a row! Hmm.....) and headed out to work almost in a blurry state of mind.

I had a love song in my head since last night, 'All Because Of You' by Céline Dion, and it's generally a song about being truly in love with someone, either your partner or your child (even some of the words could apply to Jesus). Then, all of a sudden, I had this feeling of gratitude in my heart. It's as though midway through driving, I finally woke up, enjoyed the sights that I normally don't bother looking at when I'm driving, walking with a smile on my face even though the rain was drizzling down.

'What the world needs now is love, sweet love'. Actually, I feel that what the world needs now is a feeling of gratitude, even for the littlest things.

'Time is a very precious gift from God; so precious that it's only given to us moment by moment' - Amelia Barr

Take time to enjoy, walk in the soft drizzle, make yourself a warm cup of cocoa or coffee, read a good book, spend time with family and friends. I shall leave you with the song I mentioned earlier.


All Because Of You - Céline Dion

Thought I could define it
One look in your eyes when it proved me wrong
I find myself speechless
This feeling of completeness is so strong
And I was convinced that my heart had reached its limit
Until you created this new place in it

Your touch wraps around me
In love that knows no boundaries now
There's nothing I wouldn't do for you
You're the answer I've been needing
Life has a whole new meaning now
All because of you

Everything is different
There's no frame of reference for the way I feel
But to look at your face
I'm still amazed, I can't believe you're real
I can lie here forever just watching you sleep
Hanging on every breath that you breathe

Your touch wraps around me
In love that knows no boundaries now
There's nothing I wouldn't do for you
You're the answer I've been needing
Life has a whole new meaning now
All because of you

No comments: