Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So Near Yet So Far.....

Hmm..... Where to start? Well, I guess, at the beginning. I entered a competition, through sheer chance, really, because I never heard of it until someone came into my office and started talking about it. I sent in two entries, and started dreaming. Not a lot, because I'm a dreamer, but also a realist. The ONLY prize was a Volvo XC90, which is worth an estimate of over RM300k. (Uh-huh, now you know why I can "afford" to dream!)

I pretty much gave up on it close to two months into it, as, well, they mentioned that they would get back to the winner in a fortnight's time. Turns out, I got a call mid-June that I was a finalist, one of 7 vying for the grand prize. Now, by then, I was really dreaming of what I could actually do with the prize. After a while, though, they didn't get back to me to see whether I've won, and just last week, I found out that I wasn't the winner. Bummer..... Yeah, really a case of 'so near yet so far'.

On a lighter side, I just got a letter from them telling me that I didn't win but, as a consolation prize, I'll get a United Colors of Benetton Cabin Bag. OK, maybe I'm meant to fly off somewhere instead! Start dreaming!

No comments: