Sunday, August 14, 2005

I Drive Myself Crazy

My sister asked me the most fascinating question when I put this up on my MSN the other day; "I Drive Myself Crazy". How so?

Well, I thought I'd explain the reason behind that. Ever heard of the sentence "You Drive Me Crazy"? Unless you've been living in a cave, that title was also a hit song for a certain Britney Spears. Anyway, it brings me back to this, can people actually drive me crazy? Technically, maybe, but more so than not, it is myself that allows me to be driven to the point of insanity. Not following me?

See, no one controls your feelings except you. No one controls your emotions except you. No one controls your mind, your thoughts, your perceptions except you. Getting the point already? I thought so. Basically, if you're thinking too much about something that you shouldn't be thinking about, you're bound to drive yourself crazy. The same goes with worrying too much about things not meant to be worried about, imagining things that aren't there to be imagined.


We can't help but think of things, that is the function of our brain, but we can help limit it by removing unnecessary thoughts and perceptions. It is easier said than done, oh, for sure, but when your focus is correct, it will not be too hard. Remember, God will not overwhelm us. If we only look to Him more and more, surrender our thoughts and worries to Him, only then will we be enlightened and not burdened.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Oh, this is so what I needed to hear right now! You're right: God's not out to overwhelm us. We do that more to ourselves than he does!
Thanks for this message. It is so good to keep up with you through your blog. I have been praying for you! You are such a beautiful person; keep shining brightly, sister!
Love you,
Katy