Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Song Of The Season

This is part of my "Song of the Day" theme, but this is what I feel for now. It's my song of the season. I'm tired of a lot of things. Basically, I'm really tired. I'm not satisfied. Not at all. There's more to life and I know that He will reveal it in His time. But right now, I want to be hungry, I want to be thirsty. I want nothing of this world to ever have a hold on me except Jesus; my Saviour, my Redeemer, my Solid Rock, my Shelter and my Strength.

I'm tired of losing my reason for living. I don't want to lose my focus anymore. This song is my cry, my cry for a better future in Christ. Don't be content, continue to hunger and thirst for Him.



Believe - Hillsong

I say on Sunday how much I want revival
But then on Monday, I can't even find my Bible
Where's the power, the power of the Cross in my life?

I'm sick of playing the game of religion
I'm tired of losing my reason for living
Where's the power, the power of the Cross in my life?

I'm not content just to walk through my life
Giving in to the lies, walking in compromises now
We cry out as a generation that was lost
But now is found in the power of the Cross

We believe in You
We believe in the power of Your Word and its Truth
We believe in You
So we lay down our cause
That our Cross might be found in You

I'm not satisfied doing it my own way
I'm not satisfied to 'do church' and walk away
I'm not satisfied
There's no love in my life but You

I'm not satisfied living in yesterday's hour
I'm not satisfied to have the form but not the Power
I'm not satisfied
Lord, I am crucified in You


I'm not satisfied. And I'm not content just to walk through life as it is. There is more.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Jess, thanks for your comment on my blog...and thanks also for this post! This also totally reflects a lot of what I've been thinking and feeling lately. Thanks for sharing it! That song is awesome; I hadn't heard it yet. Hillsong is so great; I've been playing their DVDs nonstop lately! Anyways, could I share this song and what you've written on my blog sometime? Just let me know!
I love and miss you, and you're in my prayers!
Katy