Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Song Of The Day

I was chatting with a friend and playing a selection of songs on my computer and this song, of all the other songs, attracted me the most. It is a song of acknowledgement. To acknowledge the One who saved me, the One who carries me through every joy and every hurt. It's a song of surrender, to let go, to trust and have faith in the One and Only.

I think this song will speak for itself and needs no explanation. I'm learning to trust my whole life to Him who walks before me, for He knows my name and He knows my every thought and desire. He's all I need.


Jesus, You're All I Need

Jesus, You're all I need
You're all I need
Now I give my life to You alone
You are all I need

Jesus, You're all I need
You're all I need
Lord, You gave Yourself so I could live
You are all I need

Oh, You purchased my salvation
And wiped away my tears
Now I drink Your living waters
And I'll never thirst again

For You alone are holy
I'll worship at Your throne
And You will reign forever
Holy is the Lord

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my song too!.. hahaha... Glad to know that you've been blessed by this song. It truly speaks of the position we want to be in, just telling the Lord that He's all we want and all that we need in this life. It is certainly easier said than done as usual, but I personally believe that the fact that you are trying to make an effort to love him and want Him alone pleases Him. Take heart and know that He is always holding our hand as we walk. Even when we stumble in every step of the way, our Father is always there to help us get up and get going again. Our Father is FAITHFUL!

Learning is a life-long process. Rejoice and be glad, for each day is another day to learn more about Him and to fall deeper and deeper in love with Him.

Katy said...

Beautiful song, Jess! I loved it, and it was encourgaging.
I'm checking e-mail through a wireless connection here in Singapore, and I just wanted to see how you were doing as well as to send my love. It was so good to see you briefly in church before I left! I will miss you, but we must keep up, ok?
Love you! God bless,
Katy