Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Credit Cards: Boon Or Bane?

Ka-ching! I just made an online purchase a few minutes back for a DVD that a friend highlighted to me a day or two ago. Of course, it will cost me a bomb when the exchange rates hit, but the liberation of pressing that "confirm order" button is something to behold. I remember when I was younger, trying to buy something off the internet and having to beg ask my Mom for permission, which was usually turned down, it never felt quite right.

Now, I have a credit card to call my own. Frankly speaking, I hardly ever use it. I do not feel the need to owe first, pay later. I am really not into debt, to be honest. I just use the credit card to pay off my life insurance monthly premium, my lousy cable company bill, my internet bill and... ah, yes, petrol. I don't feel the need to be carrying lump sums of money to just pay for a full tank of gas or line up at the bill payment counter on a working day to pay off my bills.

But, of course, I need to be careful about spending too much on online transactions/purchases. It gets really easy with credit cards these days... Gotta think twice or three times before hitting that "confirm order" button.

Argh, the temptation!

No comments: