Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Donation From A Stranger...

I should probably consider changing my email address soon. Real soon. Nothing wrong with Yahoo! Mail. I think they've done a great job filtering out all the spam, but sometimes, one or two interesting ones tend to sneak into my Inbox. (Like this and this)

Now, I have just received a nice 'donation' from some stranger from Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). I've had friends and family members from a few places around the world, but I do not know anyone from the Ivory Coast. Still... as flattered as I am, I think I have enough sense to smell a scam when I read one. *wink*


Donation From Mrs Hadeel Mohammed
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:10 AM
From: "hadeel2mohammed@marafiki.com" hadeel2mohammed@marafiki.com
To: hadeel2mohammed@marafiki.com

Donation From Mrs Hadeel Mohammed
N38 Rue Des Martyrs Cocody
Abidjan,Cote d'Ivoire.

Beloved

I am Mrs Hadeel Mohammed from Kuwait. I am married to Mr Mohammed Abbas who worked with Kuwait embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died last year.We were married for nineteen years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days.

Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$3.5million dollars in a Bank here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire.Presently, this money is still in bank.

Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a person or organisation that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want this fund to be use for orphanages, widows,schools and propagating the message of love to all mankind.

I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money, I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul.My husband relatives are selfish,they refuse to distribute to charity organization some amount of money which my late husband gave to them for charity on the second day of his illness,I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going.i know that God will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development.With God all things are possible.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire. I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund. I want you to always pray for me. My happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation. Please always be prayerful all through your life.Contact me on the this e mail address(hadeel002mohammed@yahoo.com) any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another person or organisation for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein.

Hoping to receive your reply.

God bless you
Mrs Hadeel Mohammed.

What do you think?


2 comments:

Yoon Sui Yin said...

cuz, it is a scam... so send no details to them please!

Anonymous said...

yeah i got that too O.O